Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sad Commentary

What a sad commentary this story is on our societal values.

Hundreds of people, one after the other, stepped on the 34-year-old store employee in an effort to get the "best deal". Are you kidding me? What deal is so important that it's worth lining up 9 hours before opening, standing in a crowd of thousands, breaking doors, and trampling on another human, ultimately taking his life?

I consider myself to be quite the sale shopper but nothing, absolutely nothing, is worth that to me. I don't even venture near a retail store the day after Thanksgiving, probably because I don't have the right mentality.

Life is valuable....prices are not...things are not. Mob mentality is frightening. I heard someone say once "a person is smart; people are dumb." I think that fits here.

If only we'd learn to view life as God does. Every single one of us is loved by God, from conception to their natural, appointed death.

No comments: