Friday, November 21, 2008

In A Play

I'm pretty excited to be in a Christmas musical this year. I was supposed to have a very, very small part in it last year but as you might recall I had that weird unknown problem with my lip and required immediate surgery so I missed out. I called it my freak face. I still have some discomfort associated with my lip even though I've seen the surgeon for 2 follow up visits. He's assured me I will regain full feeling but I'm no longer convinced that's true since it's been a year. Mostly I don't notice it but occasionally I am keenly aware of the numbness and small bump that still exists. And sometimes I struggle with angioedema (a fancy medical term for rapid swelling). I guess it's not so bad. In the big scheme of things though, it could be far worse.

But the point of the post is that I was offered a part again this year but I had to promise no weird lip abnormalities because while it's a small part, the play wouldn't be the same without it. I am SO excited! I've got a few songs to learn too and really, who knows the 2nd and 3rd verses of "We Gather Together" anyway? You'll soon be able to count me among the 12 others who do know it.

I was telling a friend about this exciting venture and here's what she said in an email:
Congratulations! Break a leg - or should I write "pop a lip?"
HILARIOUS!!

No comments: