Monday, November 17, 2008

Movie Review (of sorts)

This weekend I violated one of my big rules about movies. We went to a movie on opening weekend. I generally despise it because the theater is packed, you have to be there ultra-early for a decent seat, and the line to buy tickets is horrendous. (Yes, I know I can buy online but paying someone a "convenience fee" to do so is maddening. Credit card fees are a cost of doing business and passing that on under the guise of convenience fees to the customer is ridiculous. It certainly isn't convenient for me to pay extra.)

But this time it was different. We opted for the first showing and left about 30 minutes before it started. Amazingly, there was hardly any line and we were in good seats 15 minutes before it started.

We went to Quantum of Solace, the new James Bond. If you're a Bond fan, I recommend this one to you. It's typically over-the-top-Bond but that's just how those movies are and so it is what it is. But it's got lots of action and an unexpected event so all in all, it was rather enjoyable.

No comments: