Friday, November 7, 2008

An Ending

Last night concluded the study portion of this most recent Bible study. I have the same lesson to do for my Sunday night girls and then next week we're all doing dinner together. I'm sad for it to end.

Despite the fact that I was a bit skeptical at first, this study has meant so much to me and I've had huge breakthroughs on idols. I wasn't skeptical of the content but it was really designed as an in home type of study and we were doing it at the church. Plus I wondered what the heck we'd talk about for 90 minutes every week. That turned out to be a non-issue. By the time we shared a snack and got through our icebreaker / get to know you opening, we had already burned up 30 - 45 minutes.

I loved the insights the girls had each week and I frequently found myself mulling over them during the week or doing additional study to clarify things that came up. I never dreamed that would happen. But God knew exactly what each of us in these groups needed.

I loved that I was held accountable to finish my lessons and prepare something. I love that I am well on my way to removing things that shouldn't be in my life. But I'm not so thrilled about it ending because there isn't full victory yet. And I love meeting with these women each week.

I will, however, continue this process with God until we are finished. It'll be about 8-10 weeks before my next study begins in January so this should keep me deep in the Word.

No comments: