Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted

I always vote. I love America. I love to vote. And I love that there were lines to vote because that means people are taking responsibility. It's a great tribute to those who died for our freedom to vote.

God bless and have mercy on our nation, regardless of the outcome.

Pastor Paul used a verse in his sermon Sunday (which had nothing to do with politics) that goes along with the state of our country. It comes from 2 Chronicles 7:14:
"If my people, who are called by name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
It's up to us, God's children. Doesn't look like we're doing so well on the humbling ourselves before God and turning from our wicked ways. Ouch. Conviction hurts.

No comments: