Friday, November 28, 2008

Wrap-Up

I generally take far more pictures on holidays than this but I was so into my own game of Uno Spin that I got distracted. Generally my mom is not a game player, unless it's Tripoley but she joined us for this game and we laughed so hard. Edward, Steve, and the kiddos had great fun with the Wii games (a few pics below).

Every year I use name cards which I've thoroughly done in the spirit of the day. But this year I added something I thought would be really fun but was a bit uncertain anyone else would. On each card I had at "would you rather" question that was different for all. I thought it would be a great conversation piece and it turns out I was right. An example is "would you rather be hairy all over or completely bald?" Some of the answers were hilarious. The great thing is that today my mom came over to help with Christmas decorations and she was still mulling over one particularly intriguing answer. The end result is exactly what I'd hoped! I guess the point is that there is always more to learn about people, even those in your own family.

It's so great to be in a house filled with laughter, with familiarity, and with love. I wish my little brother Craig and his wife, Kayrene could have made it. The only thing missing is actually not a thing but rather a person...my dad. I'll never completely get over it. I can do life but it's just not the same.

Approved sibling fighting:


Erica was pretty excited - she KO'd Uncle Steve:

No comments: