Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Filled With Power

Today was amazing. I've known for a couple of months that I would speak to the MOPS group this morning. However, as is always the case, I grew increasingly insecure the closer it got. As recently as last night I sat on the floor in my bedroom telling God I just couldn't do it and contemplating how I could best wiggle out of it. His answer was a firm "you can't. Don't even think about it."

This morning I thought back to the sermon from 2 weeks ago where my pastor talked about what power we have in Christ. One of the things he talked about is that we have the power to teach and disciple. I stopped what I was doing and said "God, you've given me this power. It's in you. This is not about me, not about my insecurity. It's all in you. Satan has no control or part in this. Give me your confidence."

And He did. I have never felt such power, such control. It was the most amazing experience. The best part is that I can't take one bit of credit which is exactly how it should be. I prepared, I showed up, but God did the rest. I was calm, cool, and collected. I didn't say exactly what I had planned but just went with the prompting of the Spirit.
But he said to me "My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
The truth. Plain and simple.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hus! I always see you as a confident person, Julie -- maybe it's the difference between being among friends, or a comfortable place --- and that new group or place...Anyway, I'm so thankful you are taking each of these opportunities to teach and share the Lord's Word and His promise.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!!!