Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What's Up With the Picture?

I was asked a couple weeks ago if there was a story attached to the picture on my blog. The answer is yes, there is.

A couple of months ago when we took Peter to the battlefield we spent quite a bit of time on the walking trails. In the midst of the normal prairie grass, Yucca plants, and other greenish-brownish native plants were some pretty amazingly colorful flowers. One of them is the flower you see in the picture. It looks pretty blue here but in reality it was more of a purplish-blue.

The significance is how well it goes with my title Hidden Treasures. There among the native grasses we discovered these unexpected treasures in the form of flowers. And so it is with many things in our lives. We plod along, day in and day out, never looking for and never seeing the little nuggets of treasure God has for us in each day.

So, that's the deal with the picture. It's a great representation of my blog title and small reminder to look for those hidden treasures reserved just for us. The longer I walk with God, the more I know they are there. I'm sure of it.

No comments: