Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Easy to Say, Hard to Do

I'm still fairly consistently mulling over the question, "what am I willing to do for God?" It seems like every time I turn around it stares me in the face! Obviously it's an issue I need to resolve or it wouldn't still loom in front of me.

Last night it came up at small group but wasn't even the topic of the night. Rather, it came out of heartache. Someone remarked how it's easy it is to say we'd do anything for Christ but if it came down to it, actually doing that one thing is much more difficult, perhaps impossible.

What if, like Abraham, God asked you to sacrifice your child? I've waited a long time for a child--not at long as Abraham--but a long time. At this point it doesn't appear that is God's plan for us. But, if he ever did give us a child, would I be as obedient as Abraham was? I don't believe for a minute God intended for him to sacrifice Isaac. But he need to know where his heart was.

So though this latest mulling, I realized there is something I said I was willing to do for God but now that it's coming down to it, I am struggling with actually letting it go.

And so the process continues.....however, not all is without hope. This first week of my new Bible study has been phenomenal and I'm really identifying some of the details behind things I am hanging on to far too tightly. They need to go so I can be free!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Being in a study and in the Word, will always bring blessings and mercies as you prepare and host.

Will continue to pray that other's hearts will be challenged as your heart has been so far.

Blessings,