Friday, February 29, 2008

Big Day Tomorrow and a Wonderful Friend

Well, tomorrow is the big day -- off to New York City! I am really, very excited. So much so I find myself nervous. I don't know why. In 48 short hours I will be on the edge of my seat as The Lion King begins and a dream to see a Broadway show will be realized. And the Statue of Liberty viewed through my own eyes -- live -- and not just in pictures. So much more to be sure.

But even more today I am so very thankful for my friend Sherri. I had originally asked her to stay with our boys but sadly, she had plans to watch somebody else's dog. So, I reluctantly found someone else (I say reluctantly because she loves dogs, is my friend, and was our first choice). An hour after arriving at work today the person who was supposed to do it told me she needed to go out of town for the weekend. My eyes welled up with tears as I read that email. What in the heck was I going to do? Panic. Freak-out. Cry.

And then God reminded me Sherri had told me a few weeks ago her plans had fallen through and she would be a back up if needed. I jumped out of my chair and ran upstairs. And guess what? That's right, she has before her the anomaly of a free weekend -- and a free week too. I have never been so relieved in my life. I can breathe again.

I suspect we'll come home to 2 very spoiled dogs but they're well down that road anyway!

So, Miss Sherri, here a very public thank you. You, my friend, are a lifesaver!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a blog! Awesome!

Kristin Hartzler said...

Yay im so excited for you, i LOVE NYC, take lots of pics!! I just wanted you t know i was praying for your family and Peter!!
Loves, Kristin