Thursday, February 7, 2008

Winter Doldrums

These last few days I've had a severe case of the winter blues. I love the change of seasons and each one has a beauty all its own but for some reason I appreciate winter less and less as each year passes. I like the first snowfall because the flakes seem to hug each branch and fence post but by February I'm over it! One great thing about winter is that it kills all those nasty little critters that overtake me in the summer.

So, today I'm just hoping for a really long spring (I don't like 90+ temps so much). I love the cool mornings and evenings and the balmy, warm days. I love that everything is blooming and turning green and I love long days of light. When I get up it's light and the sun goes down around 9:30 - that's the best!

So, to get through the winter doldrums, I think tomorrow night I will put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, turn on every light in the house and pretend it's spring or summer. Steve will be gone overnight so I am free to be as weird as I want:) Maybe I'll even be inspired enough to begin spring cleaning!

No comments: