Monday, February 11, 2008

Just a Few Short Weeks

This weekend I received our Broadway show tickets in the mail. I guess that means our vacation is quickly approaching! I called Erica with the good news (the receipt of the tickets) and she said "it's hard to believe we'll be on a plane in 3 weeks".

YIPES - 3 WEEKS? Holy cow, I can't believe it. I knew it was coming up but hadn't stopped to calculate how quickly. Historically I would have thoroughly exhausted myself by now with all the pre-planning and details. But then I went on vacation with my brother (mentioned in my previous post) who seriously despises intricate planning of a vacation. He told me up front "ok, look, you will NOT be organizing this thing down to the minute. We're supposed to relax. It'll be fine, we'll see everything we want, but we won't be running like chickens with our heads cut off! Got it?" Yep, check, got it. And guess what? I loved it!

Given the success of that trip, I didn't plan much at all this last time we went to Maui -- other than the pre-purchase of tickets, hotel, and car reservation. And again, it all worked out! A brief scare on the snorkeling front but it worked out. Having waited until a couple days before we left, we almost didn't get a spot.

So now the excitement is stirring up and we're ready to hit the streets in a casual stroll...okay, probably running. Erica is really up for a street vendor hot dog (see, she's weird like me)!

No comments: