Monday, July 7, 2008

"Cause for Concern"

What a great weekend! Lots to talk about with the block party, the 4th with the fam, and a great sermon yesterday but I want to post some pictures which are currently tucked away on my laptop which Steve is using.

So, for now, I will relay a conversation between Peter and I during last week's "Wednesdays with Peter" activity. I can't exactly post too much about what we did because it involves Christmas presents.

So, we'd just left the salad place and were running some errands. I proceeded to do some funny in-the-car-waiting-in-traffic stuff which is really only funny to those in the car at the time. I won't even attempt to recreate for purposes of this post. Usually Peter thinks I'm hilarious (and I do him as well). Upon hearing no laughter I looked over at him to see this befuddled look on his face as he shook his head. He said:

P: Aunt Julie, sometimes your behavior is disturbing!"

J: Disturbing? What do you mean disturbing?

P: It's just cause for concern, that's all.

All I could do is laugh. I mean, really, he's only 10. What does he know anyway? So, that night I told Steve about it and very nonchalantly he said "yeah, I can see that." HHHMMM, I sense a pattern. Could it be confined only to men?

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

How is the salad place, by the way? I've driven past it, but never gone in. Same with the new pizza place near the Red Door...

Man, this making me hungry!

Lindsay said...

this IS making me hungry!

oops!

Sharon said...

Funny, Julie!

I can hear dad J's voice using that same phrase, "cause for concern."

I'm so thankful the Lord has provided this Wednesday connection for you and Peter.

Julie said...

Lins - the salad place is FANTASTIC! I've been there twice and not disappointed by the salad or the wraps. You sounded kind of cave-man like with "this making me hungry" even though I know you didn't mean it!