Wednesday, July 23, 2008

An Afternoon With Mia

Tuesday I had the privilege of a few hours with Mia and Kristin. The little tyke is coming up on 3 months and really filling out weighing almost 9 pounds! KB is thrilled to see her chubby cheeks and I have to admit they look good on her! She was sleeping contentedly in my arms about the time I was ready to leave and I tried to take her with me. Kristin said "go ahead, you'll be back in 3 hours when it's time to eat."

Mia giggles and makes so many faces. She's mastered the art of frowning and furrowing. As usual I was just mesmerized with what a beautiful gift she is and how every life is so very precious to God.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. ~ Psalm 139:13-16a
Thank you, God, for the beautiful life of Mia. And thanks, Kristin, for sharing her, even for a few hours!


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Mia is quite precious. I'm glad that you were able to spend some time with her yesterday. I could hold her all day, and have tried to steal her a few times myself!

Kristin Hartzler said...

awww Julie this is the best little blog ever =) i'm quite partial!! Thanks for spending time with us!! I am very glad you can come and hold her she is so fun to share!! I love the pics you took!! Love you,
Kristin and Mia betty =)