Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Ice Bucket

No doubt I have a post in me about my vacation reflections but in an effort to catch up, collect my thoughts, and still change the post immediately, I'll share a quick story about Peter and the ice bucket.

The first night we were in the hotel Peter and I went to get ice. That in and of itself was a mildly funny journey but not the best part. We finally locate ice, some bottled lemonade, and get back to our rooms. About 10 minutes later Peter called to see if we wanted to play a game to which we said yes so he and grandma came over with Yahtzee and their ice bucket. Strange, no?

My mom then told me that Peter sat in the chair with the ice bucket in his lap, opened the lemonade, and proceeded to pour the entire bottle of lemonade into the ice bucket! She asked what he was doing and he looked up at her seemingly surprised that she would even ask. Well, isn't it obvious? I mean, really, who doesn't pour their drink into the ice bucket?

As she relayed the story I was in complete hysterics and Peter looked at me with the cutest face and said "What? Well, I didn't know!" Oh, sweet pea, that's the funniest part of all! And as we played the game, he went to the ice bucket to scoop out his lemonade, one glass at a time.

No comments: