Thursday, May 29, 2008

So Random!

I had decided what I wanted to post about today but then something happened causing hurt feelings which sent me to the Psalms so I feel the need to post that too. Consequently, here are some very random thoughts and ideas:

1) Check out my husband's new blog! I doubt you'll read much about him personally as it's designed for a different reason (you know, from a pastoral perspective) plus he just isn't a sharing kind of guy. However, I do intend to ghost write for him occasionally which will add that one-on-one touch girls are so good at!

2) Last night we had a double rainbow that was so incredible. I was overcome with awe and worship. I took my boys outside....yes, the dogs....and showed it to them. They didn't care, not one tinsy bit. Then I read from Genesis about God's promise to Noah and mankind in general to never flood the entire earth again and the meaning of the rainbow. They cared even less despite me trying to make them understand it was a promise to them too. Finally I had my own mini-worship service telling God how amazing he is. To think of a promise lasting around 8,000 years is mind boggling!

3) All I can say about the cause of the hurt feelings and great distress comes from Psalm 120:1-2. If / when God makes it clear to me that I can share very publicly about what happened, I will do so...gladly too.

"I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. Save me, O LORD, from lying lips and from deceitful tongues."
See, when I said random I wasn't kidding!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I saw that rainbow too, but didn't know if anyone else saw it! YAY! It was so beautiful!

Can you tell I'm re-discovering your blog?!!? I hadn't looked in a long time, but I do love reading your entries. I'm going to add you to my favorites, so that I remember to look more often!

Julie said...

Yeah Lindsay - welcome back!