Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Small Prayers Still Deserve Big Praise

Okay, so this is kind of strange post but in light of my new found freedom, I'm all of a sudden seeing tons of things for which to be grateful and to praise God.

Late last week Steve shut off the sprinkler system because it was supposed to snow a foot. It didn't and for that I'm sad. Moving on....I asked him when he turned it back on to wait until today because Monday night I sprayed weed 'n feed and the directions said "for best results don't irrigate for 24 hours". Well, I want the best results so I'll follow the directions.

He set it to run this morning but it never came on. As we're getting up, I asked the typical questions. Why? Are you sure the date and time are correct? Did you forget? Yes, date and time are correct, no he didn't forget, why, he had no idea.

Outside he went (with the book!) to run tests. All was okay according to the tests but he couldn't even do a manual override. I suddenly had a great idea as I straightened my hair. I opened the bathroom window and said "are you sure the handle in the basement is turned on?" He assured me it was. Not such a great idea after all. So I prayed, knowing God is interested in the little concerns we have too. It went something like this: "God, I realize this is small but we don't need another repair bill right now. Can you please help Steve figure out what is wrong and fix it so we don't have to call someone? Thanks."

Less than a minute later, the water kicked on. Woo Hoo! In my new found freedom, my first thought was "thanks God! You're amazing!" So I told him just that.

Unfortunately I have no idea what was wrong because I had to scoot out the door right after that. It doesn't matter anyway. God knew and he answered a silly prayer too.

No comments: