Wednesday, May 14, 2008

From Small Group Last Night...

Many things in small group need to stay within the confines of the group but spiritual insight does not. We were discussing humility and pride. One person shared a version of the quote below. I say a version because I can't recall exactly and while he did know the exact quote, he couldn't remember who it should be attributed to so it's probably best that I can't remember exactly anyway!
When you think you have humility, you forfeit the right to it.
And I shared the following from a Bible study I'm leading. It comes from a video session done by Beth Moore in her series Stepping Up: A Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent:
Thinking lowly of yourself is just another form of pride. It's still all about you.
I've really pondered that over the last few weeks. I generally don't feel pride because I think I'm all that great. I really don't. I actually fall to the other spectrum of despising myself. I never thought of it as being prideful. Ouch.

No comments: