Friday, August 8, 2008

No Partiality

"For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow." ~ Deuteronomy 10:17-18a
I'm so grateful for a God who isn't partial even though I can't begin to comprehend how he does that. I mean, really, why doesn't he love Billy Graham more than me? I can't really wrap my mind around that but I'm so grateful it's true. And my response to all this should look like this:
"Fear the Lord your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. He is your praise, he is your God who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes." ~ Deuteronomy 10:20-21
Indeed I have seen great and awesome things with my own eyes!

No comments: