Monday, August 18, 2008

Heading Out

Steve and I are heading out this afternoon for a mini-vacation-yet-work sort of thing. He has a staff retreat outside of Bozeman and we took full advantage of the days offered to us. We're staying the entire time (tonight - Thursday morning). Then we're headed to Fairmont for a late anniversary celebration.....our anniversary fell on a scheduled night of ministry so we just rolled with it. Us and 10 others had dinner together for our anniversary. I know, how romantic, particularly for our 20th!

A few weeks ago we ran into Pastor Paul & Tami one Friday night when we were working late at the church and they told us they had fast food in the office for their 14th anniversary in July. He said, "welcome to ministry life - that's kind of how it goes." All I can say is better late than never!

So, I will be delightfully out of touch this week! My friend Sherri will be watching the boys which means they will be spoiled rotten with all kinds of bad habits by Friday afternoon! But given the option, I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks Sherri!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Julie,

Hope you had/have a great time away! Oh, and thanks for the wedding gift :)

Julie said...

You are so welcome Molly! I know it will be one of your most used gifts...and rightfully so:)