Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Latest Poem

So, today at small group we spent a considerable amount of time in worship. Steve wanted to show us that worship takes so many other forms than just singing. Not that singing is bad, but just one of many ways.

As a group we called out words and names that described God. Within a couple of minutes we had over 50 and honestly, we could have gone on and on. Then we had one person narrow it down to 10 and we had to write a poem or letter using all 10. We were encouraged to share with the group but of course didn't have to. Below is what I came up with - the 10 words are in italics.

On the throne sits my king
Sovereign over everything

Powerful, on high he reigns
His righteous wisdom never feigns

Holy, worthy is my friend
Eternal life he does extend

Merciful my Savior is
Soon I will be forever his.

The last thing we did was watch "My King" by S M Lockridge. It's worth the watch & listen if you have about 6 minutes. It will help you remember, or maybe understand for the first time, how big and majestic God really is.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am SO sending you a document that has all of the names of God, compiled by my friend Eric. If you take the time to read over it, it's quite moving!

Julie said...

Thanks Lindsay - the document is everything you hyped it up to be! Actually so much more because of the scripture references included. I will definitely read it in detail later.