Wednesday, June 4, 2008

In The Right Time

I have a picture hanging in my cubie, mostly because it makes me smile every time I look at it. When we started Awana Cubbies in January, Steve went every week so he could oversee the process and also get to know the kids and their parents, most of whom don't attend our church.

He participated in all the crafts with them and one week they colored a picture that had the verse below on it. He gave it to me as a gift because I ask him a lot if he has a present for me. No particular reason why I think I should get 50 presents a month but I just like to (as an aside, I also like to give presents). Almost always the answer is no...but this time, I got a surprising YES and it makes me laugh because he gave me just what I asked for but not at all what I was really expecting (or necessarily wanting).

Anyway, the verse comes from Ecclesiastes 3:11a:

"He has made everything beautiful in its time."
All I can say is the following: when is it my time? Please, dear Lord, make it soon!

No comments: