Monday, June 2, 2008

Graduation!

Okay, so now we survived part 3 of the graduation festivities and as it turns out, my Monday didn't end up being as crazy as I thought it would be. I can breathe.

Contrary to my belief that the ceremony started at 7, it actually started at 7:30. That means we were there way too early and then of course it went on way too long! But I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Because it was long and oh-so-hot, I really didn't think about the finality of graduation until after it was over and we made our way down to the floor for pictures.

I cried which probably goes without saying. What happened to the last 18 years? When Erica was born, I was just a smidgen older than she is now. It has flown by. She was just our baby girl and now she is college freshman. Oh, and she can vote this year! On Saturday my brother and I marveled at how the time passed and yet we never got older:) Yeah, right.

I hugged her and didn't want to let go. I told her how proud I was and how much I loved her. And I hung on. She did too. She's ready and I am not. And she's not even mine but I feel like part of her is. It's all very surreal.

Congratulations Rica Rain. We are all so proud of you!

First the fun picture. Steve swooped her up from the back. This first one is a "whoa!" by Rica and then an actual pose:

A very proud Uncle Edward:
And Aunt Lora:
And mom and dad:
And grandma:And Peter:And, of course, me:

No comments: