Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What Is That Smell?

Man, the funniest thing happened to me last night. I was cleaning and straightening up a bit for small group tonight and the time came for me to dust. I went to the cupboard and pulled out my Swiffer handle and dug in the box for a new duster to put on it. Mission accomplished and quite satisfied, I headed to the living room to begin my dusting venture.

As I walked I kept smelling this incredibly strong odor. Even if it weren't strong, I would've recognized something out of the ordinary because I seem to have a really acute sense of smell. I've been known to walk around the house sniffing like a dog looking for a particular "out of order" smell. But I digress. So, in search of this smell, I backtrack and still smell it. Not a bad smell, mind you, just different.

Finally I say to Steve who is diligently working on this computer, "Do you smell an overwhelmingly strong lemon odor?" He looked up at me as if I asked him something very strange. I stared back. He lifted up his arm, pointed to my duster and said, "It's that thing in your hand!"

I lifted it to my nose, took a sniff, and sure enough it was really lemon-y smelling! I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "Oh, okay." Then I turned to resume my dusting but was interrupted by an outburst of laughter from Steve. I believe his next words were, "You're such a dork" but I couldn't exactly hear through the mocking.

Oh, how boring a life he would lead without me!

No comments: