Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Sweetest Thing

I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers on Friday. I wanted to photograph them for this post but I couldn't find my digital camera and I needed to get on with my morning. They came from someone I affectionately call "Becca Buddy". We had talked about how Friday was my dad's birthday and Easter weekend is when we buried him.

And she sent me flowers. The card said my family and I were in her thoughts and prayers this weekend. It was the sweetest thing and all I could do is cry. She is adorable and a bright spot to my workday.

God sent me many reasons to praise him this weekend, despite my sorrow. He put people in my path who loved on me, encouraged me, and just understood.

What a great God we have the privilege of serving.

Tomorrow -- one final vacation post!

No comments: