Monday, December 31, 2007

Where Did My Spectacles Go?

So, here's a really big funny.....today as I was getting my stuff ready for work, I discovered my glasses (aka spectacles) were missing. I looked everywhere, or at least in all the logical places. I finally came to the conclusion that I had left them at church yesterday as the last time I had worn them was while running the computer media during the service.

NUTS! See, the problem is that I can't work on a computer without my glasses for very long before the headache hits. The second problem is that I had a dr.'s appointment before going to work so even had I been so inclined, it wasn't possible for me to run out to Laurel and look for them.

I left with Steve assuring me he would go out and get them for me. He called me from the church asking where I thought they might be and he looked everywhere as I re-traced my steps on the phone (fortunately it's a small church and I didn't wander too far yesterday). No luck. They weren't there.

About an hour later he called me from home with the good news that he had found my glasses! Where you ask? In the silverware drawer! WHAT?!?! I seriously have no idea how they ended up there and unless I'm suffering from severe Alzheimer's, I have no idea why I might put them in there. But how else did they end up there? A joke on me by Steve? Good thought, one I had actually considered, but no. He wouldn't have wasted the time or gas to go to Calvary if that were the case.

Or is it a very elaborate joke? HHHHMMMMM....anyway, enjoy a laugh today on me!

No comments: