Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lightening The Mood

Today is a much better day and I'm so thankful to be well on the way to 100%. In an effort to lighten the mood a bit after my last couple of posts, here is an extremely funny thing that happened last week.

Wednesday night (the night of the procedure) I had fallen asleep but was awakened by the inability to roll over or even lift my face from the pillow. You'll first have to understand that with such a swollen lip and face, my mouth gaped open as I slept, drool flowed freely, and there was weeping of the lip. So, as I lay there unable to move, I quickly assessed I was stuck to my pillow. My weeping lip acted as an adhesive and there I was, stuck.

I managed to get out a very small "Steven" but no reply. "Steven, I need help." He awakened and asked what was wrong. I could barely eek out "I'm stuck to my pillow!" He got up, assessed the situation for himself, went to the bathroom and returned with a wet cloth. He un-stuck me, I tossed the pillow on the floor and and used a different one. I decided that because the pillowcase was flannel, the fabric almost seemed to encourage a stick-to-my-face quality and I didn't want to have another occurrence. I then retrated back to dreamland.

The next morning Steve told me how hilarious it was -- kind of like being stuck to a flag pole. I was not exactly amused because at that moment I was staring in the mirror at my grossly enlarged freak-face.

But now? It is HILARIOUS. I mean, really, how many people do you know that have been stuck to their pillow?

No comments: