Sunday, December 9, 2007

Yet Another Milestone

Today marks a major milestone in our ministry journey. Steve preached at EBC last night and 3 services today. I attended each one and I was mesmerized. Knowing he'd be nervous, all I could do was just pray him through each one. It will come as no surprise that it worked and I've decided the one from the 9:30 service was the best one. Strangely enough that is the one with the most people too and that further adds to my wonderment of our God.

But, oh, I was so nervous myself! I made some serious mistakes while running the computer media at the early service today and after the 3rd or 4th one RW asked me "are you nervous for your husband or something?" I replied an adamant "YES!" to which he said "I've never seen you make so many mistakes before so it's nice to know you're human." At least he was understanding and had a sense of humor about it because I was feeling like a total schmuck at that point. Things I had done dozens and dozens of times were completely foreign to me. It was as if I had never seen that particular computer program or even a computer for that matter! I was finally able to settle down and made it through with no further faux pas.

A friend and former co-worker of Steve's came to the 11:00 service and his wife said "you know, I've known Steve a long time and I don't think I've ever heard him say more than 5 words at a time. This was unbelievable!" Indeed it was.

But just to be sure you know it's not pride on our part, there is no doubt who really did the good work and it wasn't Steve. He was merely the obedient vessel that God used and He spoke powerfully through my blondie.

The support we received from our friends was amazing and no doubt knowing how much they love us (and in this case specifically Steve) proved to be just the thing to push us through.

Oh how we are grateful for our refrigerator-rights friends! For those who have no idea what that means, you'll have to listen to the sermon for yourself (it's the one from 12/9/07).

No comments: