Thursday, August 16, 2007

I Am What I Believe

What we believe affects who we are and how we behave.

WHOA! What a huge statement, packed full of truth. If I believe I'm unworthy, I behave that way -- it's just a natural correlation. I would further say that what we do affects who we are and who we choose to associate with affects who we are.

Man, that really makes me think about what I put into my brain whether by books, TV, movies, or influences from those around me. If I'm not careful, I might just end up being something I have no intention of being and certainly outside of who God wants me to be.

My dad used to say, "Be careful what or who you laugh at because you almost always end up being just like that person or doing what that person does." He was sssooo wise! I've seen this countless times in my life and in the lives of those around me. See why I miss my dad so much?

No comments: