Thursday, July 5, 2007

Tired = Defeated

Have you ever noticed when you're tired that nothing seems right in your little world? That's how I feel today. Having the holiday in the middle of the week has messed me up. I need at least 8 hours to be functional but by the time I got home from my brother's last night, fed the dogs and gave them some "out" time (they'd been in their kennels for 7 hours), it was 1:30 a.m. before I got to bed. When the alarm went off at 6:30, there was no possible way I was getting up! So, 30 minutes later I literally forced myself out of bed and I'm exhausted. Okay, maybe I didn't force myself as much as Steve forced me out when he got home from work at 7 a.m.! As you might imagine from that little time table, I did not get my quiet time in this morning so that makes for a double "UGH!"

It's days like these that all those evil little thoughts penetrate my brain. Things I know to be lies are truth to me today and I'm too tired to whip my mind into shape. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, things like "man, could you be any more stupid?", "You're weak!", "You're failing at everything!", "You'll never have victory." And those are just the ones I can make public:)

I'm hopeful that I can fill my day with enough activity to keep my brain from making a trek into the desert of lies. Surely tomorrow will bring an oasis of spiritual and physical refreshment.

No comments: