Tuesday, July 17, 2007

They Like Me - They Really Do!

I decided today that everyone should have a dog. No matter what, my boys always like me--when I'm crabby, when I'm tired, when they're in trouble--they really like me. Unconditional love. Within seconds of being scolded, they're back at my feet.

This morning when I awoke, both of them were just seemingly happy. Wagging, jumping, rubbing their heads on me. They were thrilled I was up and paying attention to them. What a great way to start the day!

As I thought about this on my way to work, I thought about how God likes me; he really, really does. Of course I know he loves me, but he likes me too which is very different. Even when I'm crabby, tired and sinning, he still likes me. When I don't like myself, he likes me. He may not always like the behavior but me, he always likes. True, unconditional love.

I'm grateful today for the reminder that even when nobody else seems to love me or like me, God always does; and my boys do too!

No comments: