Tuesday, July 24, 2007

God is Funny

Last week I filled in leading a ladies Bible study. Of all the lessons in this 9-week study, this one was on trials. I chuckled when I made that discovery. God truly has a sense of humor! Of all the subjects in this world, I end up with trials...UGH. I shared with the ladies that had I not been leading, my inclination would have been to leave it unfinished. It was hard. But more than any other lesson, this is the one I really needed to finish.

I don't know if anyone else benefited nearly as much as I did. As difficult as the last 2 1/2 years have been, I could lead confidently and with credibility (is there anything worse than listening to somebody on a subject they have no knowledge on?). It was good for me on 2 fronts. As I prepared, I walked through all the trials but I also looked at the ways God has been faithful and the blessings I have received throughout. It's so easy to focus only on the suffering and yet in the midst of it all, there is also the obvious presence of God in my life. That is worthy of celebration.

No comments: