Friday, March 20, 2009

A Good Start

This morning Steve and I were supposed to go to breakfast but for some odd reason I awoke 15 minutes before the alarm went off. Seriously, that is not like me at all--I'm one of those "snoozers" who will hit the button as long as I can. Sometimes I hit it so long it stops going off. See, my clock has this thing where if you've hit snooze for an hour after it initially went off, it no longer continues. I call this the "if you're too stinkin' lazy to get up when the buzzer goes off then you deserve to be late" technology. It's happened to me twice.

So, as I lay in bed I remembered I have lunch today with a friend and there's no way I can eat breakfast out at 8 and lunch out at noon. Too much food in too short a time frame. So I shut off the alarm, got the dogs and let Steve sleep. I wanted to be alone with God this morning. It's not that Steve bugs me when I'm studying or having my quiet time but I just wanted to be solo.

It was an amazing time of just pouring out my heart and really having a conversation sharing my deepest sadness and hurts. I suddenly realized that part of the reason I've spent the week in turmoil is because I didn't immediately fall on my face and cry out. Oh, I cried alright, just not in the right direction.

I begin my day, no longer a despairing heaviness weighing on me.

What a great start this morning. Plus, as bonuses, it was almost light when I let the dogs out and I didn't freeze just opening the door for them. Yeah, spring is here! AND as if all that weren't enough, I will be dining at the Hot for lunch. Man, it's stacking up to be a fabulous Friday!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I agree, Julie...we had a full house for our ladies group that meets weekly on Fridays at 6:30 am -- my vantage point at the conference room table allowed me to occasionally catch the lightening sky outside -- and I also noticed the spring temp, sounds and smells (stuff growing!!!)

Then, to top it off, my son and nephew will be joining me for a Pugs dinner -- WOO HOO!!!

Blessings on your weekend,

Julie said...

Sharon - Pugs is one of my all time favorites. And sharing it with the 2 best guys in your life? It doesn't get ANY better than that! Enjoy your weekend!