Thursday, December 18, 2008

Why Are You Wearing That?

My costume for the performances last week consisted of a pair of my dad's old coveralls, boots, a tool belt, hammer, and pipe wrench. I also had a "Rosie the Riveter" hair thing going on.

At the conclusion of the matinee on Saturday I was standing on the side hoping Peter and crew would come over (they did not). It was a mis-communication or actually lack of communication altogether. Anyway, some friends from church were there and their 3-year-old daughter had on her Christmas dress. It was black and gold and she looked like a princess. I told her so too.

After I did, she scrunched up her face, pointed at me asked "why you wear that?" All I could do is laugh. Apparently when I first came on stage she said to her mom, "hey, that's my Miss Julie!" and made a comment about my get-up. She was not impressed.

I didn't even try to explain. In her mind, it was a time and place to dress up and I was so unfashionable. She's such a girl.

No comments: