Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Great Procastinator

About 3 months ago I committed to a HUGE project. Initially I got right on it but then these fateful words were spoken to me: "We don't need it done as soon as we thought we would. It'll be later but don't know exactly when."

All of a sudden I kept putting it off. Time I had set aside for it quickly went to other things and I kind of lost my excitement for it. So, last week we received the deadline from our third party and it's the first week of January. I set myself a far earlier deadline to meet with my pastor or else I'd be floundering and not have it done. It absolutely must be top notch too--it's that important.

So, my deadline is next Wednesday and rather than working on it right now, I'm posting. What the heck is wrong with me? When did I become such a procrastinator? I've always been a get-it-done-early kind of girl and have found that the more I have to do, the more I can do.

And on that note, I'm signing off, closing every other program on my computer and getting to work on it. I'm already an hour and a half behind schedule!

No comments: