Friday, December 19, 2008

Convalescing Puppy

Our little dude is safely home although he's not such a happy camper. He's already thrashing around trying to get the lampshade off his head and we've got 7-10 days of it to go. He wants to scratch and bite the area..and his ears too. We're on scratch duty for the next week or so. He's also got a gaping hole so his never ending need to scoot across the floor is a problem. It's not easy for a dog to eat or drink with a lampshade on so we're hand-feeding him.

Mostly, though, he's sad. If this face doesn't say "I hurt, I'm miserable, please help me," I don't know what does.


Look how sad this paw is--this is where the IV was.


Sam has been really stressed since Jake came home with a lampshade on. He doesn't seem to like that Jake doesn't feel well (or at least I think so - I'm no dog psychologist.) He drooled non-stop for the first 20 minutes after Jake came home.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Praying for your patience and perseverance as you nurse Jake through this recovery time, Julie.