Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Complementary Entries

This story brightened my day on Saturday and I have a hunch it will brighten yours as well. Shiela and Peter were at the gym last week and there were posters or something indicating a promotion with one of the local sports stores. It said that each gym member would receive a complementary entry.

The following conversation ensued:

P: Mom, I'm going to tell that guy he has nice hair and that woman she has a nice outfit (etc etc).

S: Okay, but why?

P: So I can get more complimentary entries!

Through her laughter Shiela got the opportunity to explain the difference between compliment and complementary! I guess if you think about it, to a 10 year old, Peter's line of thinking is right on. And for the rest of us, it makes a great story!

No comments: