Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Am I Weird? Are You Weird?

I didn't intend to post twice this week about being weird but yesterday 2 different people told me I was so today I ask myself, am I really weird? I generally think of myself as different than most and happily so. But weird? HHHMMMM.....here's the conversations that will tickle you to death:

D: I forgot you were going to part time today. That's exciting!

J: I know! As I was getting ready this morning I was really nervous.

D: You're weird.

J: I was kind of giddy about the whole thing then it seemed like I was starting a new job and I got butterflies.

D: That's weird. You're weird.

J: Okay, it could be just me but I'm sensing a vibe that you think I'm weird.

D: Oh, it's no vibe -- it's a power surge!

And an hour later:

J: (calling Erica as I left the office) Woo hoo! I'm free!!! (picture me with my arm in the air as I drove). Tell grandma but be sure to hold your hands up when you do.

E: You're so weird. (In the background I heard my mom saying something but can't quite make out what it is).

E: I'm surrounded by weirdos. I'm in a very weird family.

J: The scary thing is this blood is in your veins too.

E: I know. It's frightening.

J: Even now your blood cells are saying (do this part in a high pitched small voice) "weirdo..weirdo...weirdo..."

So, maybe I am weird rather than different. You?

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Julie,
I just wanted to confirm. You are WEIRD, no question, I know.

Jeff from Texas

Julie said...

Jeffrey, my Texas brother who talks funny....you're right, you DO know! And you fit in so well - what does that say about you?

Jeff said...

Julie,
Okay, fitting in is indefensible! But I am probably just different, while you on the other hand are weird!!

Also, I taaawwwwlllllkkkkk nooooorrrrmmmmaaaaallll!!!! (Typed phonetically for those with funny Montana accents.)

Jeff

Julie said...

You make me laugh Jeff! I can see a huge smirk on your face as you typed that last post.