Saturday, January 24, 2009

An Odd Selection of Saturday Thoughts

Since my cousin already told the world and put it on her blog, I can now write about how excited I am that she's having another baby. Kristin is my cousin who had sweet Mia just 7 months ago so while this one is a BIG SURPRISE they are thrilled. I am too. They waited so long for Mia which makes it exciting that this one was so quick, even if unexpected. I spent a few hours with Kristin & Mia on Thursday and all I can say is "fun, fun, fun!"

Last night our furnace stopped working properly. It ran for 5 hours straight and never got over 65 degrees. So, to help it not work so hard, we turned the thermostat down to 65 but with as cold as it was, it was on more than it was off during the night. Dang...it's still freezing in here. The heater repairman came out earlier and it turns out it's the blower motor. Apparently they are super expensive. And there's a surcharge to open the warehouse on Saturday. As if the $102 an hour service charge isn't big enough. There is a blessing in this though. We opted not to pay the extra charge to open the warehouse and wait until Monday. The guy after us did not. So, while our nice fix-it-guy was getting his part, he grabbed ours too. He'll be back in an hour or so. Hopefully it's still under warranty or else it will be around $800 (plus the $136 from earlier today). It's only 5 1/2 years old. Ouch.

This morning we had a funeral at Calvary. It was obvious there were many regrets among the children and grandchildren which made for a severely sorrowful event. This family has a long, long way to go and I don't have much hope for them along the way. Except maybe the sweet granddaughter we've been working with because she is trying.

Oh yeah, and I ironed for 2 hours today and didn't even get done. I've got 5 pieces left. I hate ironing. Love the look of it, but hate to do it. That falls under the category of "necessary evil".

So, it's been a long day, full of emotional roller coasters. And frozen fingers and toes too.

1 comment:

Kristin Hartzler said...

We love having you over, it's always so fun, i enjoy our visits!!! It's way fun!!! I am glad it didn't cost you an arm and a leg to fix, so sorry you had to deal with the issue though!!