Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Bed At The Church?

Lately I've been at the church a lot. Since the new building is done I've got a lot of campaign stuff to do plus with year end financial stuff, it just makes for a lot of time. Add to that I'm in the learning stages about IRS and government reporting requirements for a church and you'll see why it's taking so long (for me as well as my friend who is teaching me).

This morning I was getting a mini-tutorial on the sound and video equipment for my Bible study tonight and this woman grabbed me on my way out. She said "do you and Steve have a bed here at the church to make it easier for you? Or do you just not sleep?" Sheepishly, half-embarrassed I replied "no bed but yes, I absolutely sleep...a lot" because the truth is, we aren't the only ones working in high gear / overtime mode. Everyone is.

Seasons of ministry come and go. Hopefully after February 10th I can be a no-show for a couple of days in a row. And everyone else can too.

No comments: