Monday, October 20, 2008

A Mixed Bag

I have such a mixed bag of stuff in my head today. This morning I went to the finance office and paid for my SID. Yep, that means we got time to pay it. See, I told you that guy made a big mistake! We had until 5 p.m. today so fortunately that fit in with our return time. I'm so glad to be done with it.

I'm really tired from our trip, more so this year than previous years. I think part of it is just because we were such a big group and being around people all the time emotionally and mentally exhausts me. Top it off with one of my famous face episodes and it just made for a really tiring return trip.

But, oh, what fun we had! The conference was so amazing and as it turns out, we ended up with 2 free registrations to next year's conference because we brought the most people from the farthest. The speakers were fantastic and the worship was utterly amazing. I had great breakout sessions for the most part but this is just not my favorite thing. I don't like walking into a room full of people I don't know and grouping up for discussion. Some people thrive on that. I do not. Frankly, I despise it. I'm so shy in these settings. Plus, there is always at least 1 doofus in the crowd who has to speak after every question and/or tout how much knowledge they have or tell their story. As if the rest of us don't have our own to share if so inclined. But we don't because we have some manners. In some cases there are 4 or 5 in a room. Mostly I want them to be quiet. And I want to tell them to be quiet too. Oh, good for you. You're a genius. How have I gotten this far in life without your insight?

Okay, enough sarcasm. But you know what I'm talking about. And it probably bugs you too but you just don't want to say so. Or maybe that is you. If so, take it down a few pegs, okay?

In any case, here's a few pics. The first were take at Willow and the last 2 were at the pier. These were my favorite because men and women are so different when taking pictures. Look how closely the girls huddle up. Then look at the guys. I actually said "okay, guys, huddle up" thinking maybe the word "huddle" would be manly. The response was "we are." The fact that they posed creatively turned out to be good enough and hilarious enough because these 5 are all "guy's guys". Steve started the lounging with made Rich shake his head and then Phil mimicked on the other side which really befuddled Rich. But for us girls, it provided great entertainment!


2 comments:

Kristin Hartzler said...

awwww Jules i'm so sorry about your face episode, i hope your feeling better! Thanks for the comments, i agree with you, i get so frustrated with being a "woman" sometimes too. SOmetimes the ugly feelings creep up and i have to fight it very hard. I think the hardest one is anger and bitterness, and it takes more energy and recipe for a very unhappy life if i let it take over me, takes more energy to feel those things and let them take over me, then to move on and forgive. "sigh" sin nature, oh what a beast.
Hey i need your new email address, cuz i have pictures from the wedding shower i need to send to you. I have been meaning to do this forever, but sadly haven't yet. Love you!!
K Betty =)

Julie said...

K-Betty - my email address is below. Jealousy is a huge, ugly beast, right? I just did a bible study lesson on it and I was floored by what I found in scripture about it. Every single woman in both classes said they struggled with it so maybe that helps you understand the way the woman treated you!

Loves ya back....

lortzsj@bresnan.net