Thursday, April 16, 2009

Recap

Last night was truly an amazing night to watch God at work. I didn't have the amount of time I normally like to have before I speak to a group so I was counting on God to come through. And come through He did!

There were a couple of things I hadn't planned on saying but out of my mouth they came and went directly to the hearts of specific women who later shared with me their similar stories. In both cases they needed a connection with someone else who understood their situation.

My sister, Shiela, ended up saying "yes" to my very last minute invitation. I wasn't sure how the roads would be and I didn't want to go alone. Steve was willing to go but really wasn't looking forward to sitting in the car for almost 3 hours so he was thrilled.

The presence of God was palpable. It took us 45 minutes to make it out the church doors as one woman after another came to say "it felt like you were speaking directly to me" or "it seems like you know me so well". All I could say is "it's all God." When a group of women I've never met feel like I know them well enough to speak into their hearts or lives, it has to be the Spirit of God working in the crowd.

I'm amazed that God would use me, that He can see through all my inadequacies and pull something up to honor Him. May I never become so proud or arrogant that I begin to think it's because of me. I hope I always just remain the vessel that God uses.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awesome! :)

Sharon said...

PTL for this opportunity, Julie...and I'm thankful for your obedience and witness -- it fills me with hope and inspires me...blessings on your weekend,