Thursday, April 23, 2009

God's People are Fickle

The last few days I've been wondering why God's people are so stinkin' fickle. That's right, I said F I C K L E.... inconsistent....unpredictable....indecisive.....and erratic! Of all the people on the planet, we should be those others can count on, be true to our word, and even when things get tough, we stick in there because it's the right thing to do.

How is it possible for people to sit IN MY HOME a month ago enjoying dinner together (and it was a great one too, I'm famous for my fabulous cooking!), say how they believe in the work we're doing, that God is in it, and they are fully committed with us and then this week hop to another church? As if that isn't perplexing enough, they didn't even tell us first. People we consider friends...did...not...tell...us! We found out second hand and called them.

The reason doesn't even have a spiritual basis. They still love us. They still believe in what we're doing. They still know God is in it. They don't want to go. There is no conflict. No hurt feelings. Nobody looked at them funny or criticized them. (sorry if it's driving you crazy but clearly I can't divulge their reason)

They've encouraged us, supported us, loved us, and served us.

The only explanation I've got is "fickle". I'm sticking with it.

No comments: