Sunday, April 12, 2009

A GREAT Easter Day

Happy Resurrection Day! Oh what meaning this day gives to our faith - it is everything.

Today turned out to be even better than a usual Easter. To be honest, this weekend has been sad for me the last couple of years because we were making funeral arrangements and preparing to bury my dad on Easter Day 2006. But I'm making great progress in turning the sadness of the loss into great memories.

So, I learned on Thursday that the guy put in charge of sound / audio / video / computer this weekend had opted to use the same crew for all 3 services at EBC. His reasoning was because there were so many out of the ordinary things it would be better to use the same people as they would know what to expect for each service. Obviously this didn't include Steve and I as we can't do all 3 services. Okay, cool. As I drove home from rehearsal I just couldn't wait to call Steve because I realized we'd get to worship together for the first time in 4 years. Seriously. He left for Iraq just about 4 years ago and by the time he got home I was already working in the sound booth and he decided to join in on his weekends off from the YCSO. By the time he joined the church staff, he was a necessary fixture. But, it gets better...this was the first time we got to sit in the new worship center for a worship service. I was ECSTATIC! I so thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Then we headed to Calvary as is our custom and Steve bolted out a phenomenal sermon. The Holy Spirit completely covered him. He laid out the gospel so beautifully and he never forgets the seriousness of the responsibility he's been given. This week was a rough one for him because he had a funeral to do as well which took a lot away from his sermon prep time. But God pulled it altogether simply because Steve was willing and open.

After that we scrambled over to my momma's for a great Easter dinner. My brother and his wife even came down from Great Falls. I haven't seen him since Christmas so that was fun for us too.

And now I'm relaxing in the comfort of my living room with my very handsome husband in the chair next to me and 2 adorable, well-behaving dogs (for now anyway).

No comments: