Thursday, February 19, 2009

Made My Day

Before Bible study tonight I was talking to various ladies, checking on prayer requests they'd given me, and just generally milling around.

I returned to the podium to begin and there across my Bible was a stem of 3-4 carnations. I looked up as if I were really going to catch someone standing there ready to take credit. Yeah, right.

I said, "where did this come from?" barely loud enough for the table right in front of me to hear. No response. So a little louder I said "hey, ladies, who left these?" Everyone just stared at me. I was about to utter another line when my dear friend Miss Anita said, "just be quiet and accept it graciously!"

And so I did. It really made my day too. A secret admirer of sorts.

As a total aside, I just love that Miss Anita. She and her husband are mission service corp volunteers (basically self funded missionaries) who retired from the Air Force and went into full time ministry. They are workhorses who definitely believe you never retire from serving the Lord. She's also one of our senior adults I work with a lot on various projects and events. She's a complete delight and she never hesitates to tell it to me straight and kick me in the pants if need be. The need arises a lot.

She's a great example of the older women teaching the younger women as instructed by the apostle Paul to Timothy.

No comments: