Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm Such A Schmuck!

I am absolutely appalled at myself that I let yesterday pass without a post about the girl....our one and only baby girl....Erica.

It was her 19th birthday. It's not like I forgot it was her birthday either--at least that would have provided an excuse. I've got nothing! We celebrated it, today I took her to lunch (she was busy with school and work yesterday) and I even called her yesterday morning and sang "Happy Birthday" to her voicemail.

As it turns out, the only thing I didn't do is proclaim it publicly. So, today it is. Better late than never!

Happy Birthday baby girl! Even though you're not so much a baby anymore, you'll always be that baby girl to me.

I love you bunches. I'm so proud of you. You are so much more than me and for that I am so grateful. You are a delight. A complete joy. The year you were born was dark and dreary for me and you saved me from myself. You gave me hope. I never tired of watching those brown eyes smiling at me. Even with that plug in your mouth I knew you were smiling. Your entire face smiled. I could not be any crazier about you if you were my own. I wouldn't love you more. While I could say more here, I will not because of obvious reasons (if not so obvious to you, I will explain off-line).

I spent a fortune on this outfit and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Between grandma, Aunt Lora and I, this child never lacked fashionable clothing.

Our beautiful girl. Where on earth did you come from?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Ahhhh...such a loving auntie. I love both pics, but hadn't seen the first one -- just a little poignant for you, I'm sure, to see the difference in the girl and the young woman she's becoming...Blessings on your week,