Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Insight Into My Imagination

Today’s post will be a strange one, perhaps frightening, for many as we walk inside the doors to my imagination. My mind is rarely, if ever, still. Even at night it races and I have the most bizarre dreams! I love drama and I exude drama – Steve frequently tells me I’m over-dramatic and that I have a wild imagination. But it makes life so exciting, don’t you think?

Anyway, we’ve developed a regular habit of walking the dogs every morning. We have a couple of different routes we take and as we walk my mind races with stories. I imagine what it’s like to live in a particular house, wonder what people are doing as we walk by, ponder where they work, and I basically write a life story in my head about different things and people we see along the way. I also write stories about me, either things I hope to do or things I know will never happen but it evolves as a story in spite of that little fact. It’s lots of fun!

A couple of weeks ago as we passed a house on route #1 we noticed two dogs through their gate; one a golden retriever and the other a white dog about the same size. If not already at the gate they run over and sit as we walk by, just staring at us. I’ve decided the golden is Sam’s momma and she’s coming to see how her sweet little Bruiser is doing (that was his name when we bought him). At first I thought this to myself but last week I told Steve and he just shook his head and looked at me like I’m crazy! The truth is I don't even know if it's a girl dog or not...details, details. Now when we walk by I say “Sam, there’s your momma, looking to see how her boy is doing!” He just plods along, not paying any attention to her….or me for that matter. But I don’t mind, it makes me smile anyway.

And, it makes the walk a little more stimulating and life is so interesting when I imagine the things around me! Picture with me the the time Steve and I went to the “Garden Of The Gods” in Colorado. It’s bunches of rock formations, some of which they’ve named because of their shape but I discovered endless images apparently obvious only to me. I'd squeal with delight as I explained my take on formation after formation, most of which Steve never did comprehend. He must have told me 100 times that day how strange my little mind is! I do the same with clouds – have you ever noticed how many things are floating over your head at any given time? If not, you should look. It’ll amaze you how many doors open before your eyes when you think outside the "norm" (whatever that is).

Sure, you might think I'm weird too; or maybe just plain crazy but consider this -- God obviously has an imagination! For proof just look around you -- there are some seriously funny things in creation. If you ever get a chance to snorkel, you'll be astonished at what you see. Maybe that's a post for a later time.....my snorkeling experience.

No comments: