Monday, October 22, 2007

Oh nuts! It's on backwards....AGAIN!

Saturday evening was a great time with my sisters, my niece, and a couple of childhood friends (also sisters). We were neighbors the first 10 years of my life and Michelle happens to be the keeper of my hair -- but for her talent, I would have big problems!

She had us over to her home (which, by the way, is a showplace and obvious talent for her) for finger food dinner, games, hot tub time, and of course much, much laughter! We always leave these evenings with the promise of doing it again real soon, but in the end are lucky to do it once a year. And every 6 weeks when I'm in her salon chair, we talk about doing it but just never get around to it.

Anyway, it was just last year when she put in the hot tub. Much like I would have been, just having the tub wasn't really enough -- she then needed a canopy, a privacy fence, and of course a door from the bathroom on the side of the house to the tub! Ah, yes, her husband is a saint like mine! He went a step further and put a heated floor in that bathroom too! Being the ever-gracious hostess, she had huge beach towels, bathrobes, and even water shoes for us to use. I felt like a queen! And as we got ready, the funniest thing ever happened.....

I was in the bathroom and Erica was in one of the adjoining bedrooms. She cried out "I need a new swimming suit - mine is too small!" I walked into the bedroom and sure enough, it was quite tight on the top (it's a 2-piece tankini). I noticed as she walked away from me that it was very crooked in the back so I told her to stop a minute. I walked up and as I was straightening it out, I noticed my fingers going into an indentation. Yep, that's right, she had it on BACKWARDS! I burst out into hysterics and she said "Not again! That's the SECOND time today!"

AGAIN? SECOND TIME? I couldn't contain myself. Through my own hysterical laughter I heard her explain that she had put her shirt on backwards that morning, and inside out too!

Oh, Rica Rain, you make me laugh girl, you really make me laugh! Whatever would I do without you and Peter?

No comments: