Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Blondie!

Today is "my" Steven's birthday. It's actually his real birthday; since he's a Marine he gets 2 a year (which by the way is a huge rip-off to me). I think I get just as excited for his birthday as he does! I've always made a big deal over it. The first year we were married was the first time in 3 years that such a fuss had been made about his birthday. He lost his mother when he was 16 and while she had made his day special before that, it kind of stopped. Deep in my heart I believe he loves for me to do it too even though he would never say that.

Of course now his birthday is memorialized across the country because of the attacks of 6 years ago. And just 2 years ago he was exactly where he wanted to be on his birthday -- in Iraq. After all, they ruined his birthday and he needed to take it back!

So, Happy Birthday blondie! Enjoy your day, live it up because tomorrow it's all over -- it's not almost your birthday anymore.

No comments: