Monday, September 17, 2007

Affirmation

Since God knows I frequently need things to be affirmed, he used the sermon yesterday to remind me that my last post was right on - nothing is impossible for God.

The funny thing is that the sermon wasn't even really about that but I know enough about God to know that no matter the sermon topic, he can (and does!) use it to speak directly to the very thing I need.

My pastor made the following statement, which by the way he used to tell kids when he worked in children's and youth ministry....HHHMMM...what does that say about me? Anyway, here it is:
"No sin is too big that God can't forgive it, and no problem is too small that he doesn't want to hear it. Likewise, no sin is so small that we shouldn't take it to God, and no problem is so big he can't handle it."

Basically, nothing is impossible with God. And here's the weird thing -- he also said that we while we trust God with the biggest thing on earth -- saving us from eternity in hell -- we still think he isn't capable of handling all the other stuff in our lives. Pretty much exactly how I ended the last post. I'll end today using a verse from the sermon yesterday, taken from 1 Peter 5:7 (by the way, he did a thing about what "casting" means in the verse below but you'll have to listen to it as he explains it way better than me! It's the sermon from 9/16):

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (King James Version)

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (New Int'l Version)

No comments: